I am a mama of 3 busy boys 6 and under, so naturally a huge fan of quick one pot dishes…it has nothing to do with being lazy, I assure you- ha! This is a favorite in our house- loaded with veggies, paleo, and even Whole30 compliant if you omit the sesame oil. I buy everything prepackaged at Trader Joes, so can literally have this on the dinner table within 30 minutes. I’ll list the ingredients both as they are packaged at Trader Joes, and if you were to buy them at a traditional grocery store. You will need a big pan for this- I use my giant cast iron skillet. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 onions diced (I like yellow or sweet onions, or buy the pre-diced ones if you really hate prep – no judgement here!)
- 1 package frozen Organic Riced Cauliflower (12 oz / 340 g)
- 1 package Organic Broccoli Slaw (a mixture of shredded broccoli stalks and carrots – 12 oz / 340 g)
- 2 packages Organic Shredded Green & Red Cabbage with Orange Carrots (9 oz / 255 g)
- 2 TBS toasted sesame oil
- 2 TBS coconut aminos
- 2 TBS Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely diced
- Brown pork with diced onions over medium high heat
- Add riced cauliflower, stir until cauliflower is defrosted (if you have fresh cauliflower, add the other produce in at the same time)
- Add all other produce except cilantro, as well as the liquids, grated ginger, salt, and garlic
- Keep over medium heat, stirring often (doesn’t have to be continuously, feel free to check your email or go to the bathroom- just remember to wash your hands!) for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how al dente or soft you like your veggies
- Add diced cilantro, and stir in to incorporate
- When your kids see the vegetables and insist they won’t eat it, tell them Santa’s not coming unless they try it!
I hope you like this super easy recipe- it’s definitely been a time saver in our weekly rotation! It reheats really well too if you need to make it on a Sunday night to eat during the week.