Sometimes you’ve gotta eat on the run. And by “sometimes,” I of course mean almost every meal when you have littles in the house, a demanding job, or when life just gets in the way! Your options are to wait until you have enough time to fix a proper meal [read: starve], wolf down McDonalds on the way to soccer practice, or learn some easy dishes you can make in seconds. I get hANGRY real fast and no one wants to see that, I don’t trust the Honey Bucket at the soccer field so McDonalds is out, but I can easily keep a handful of ingredients on hand that I know I can throw together for a quick bite to tide me over.
This deli meat roll up comes together in 2 seconds, and I’m sure you have what you need in your kitchen to make it. If not, add grocery shopping to your list of errands today.
- 4-6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 Globs (that’s a chef’s term for sure) of mayonnaise
- 6 Slices of your favorite deli meat – I like ham
- 4 slices of your favorite deli cheese – I like provolone or brie
- Make 2 lettuce boats out of Romaine leaves
- Top each boat with a glob of mayo
- Cover with 3 slices of deli meat on each boat
- Add your favorite deli cheese
It’s not fancy, but it’s filling and still pretty good! Just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t still eat a healthy meal, my love. Now hurry up and get to that soccer game!